NERVIO KNIFE & SERVER
Cake Knife And Server
She sings while cutting chunks into tiny pieces with brass, while the toddler playfully dances by her side on the grass.
Craft Type: Metal Work
Archaeological evidence shows that brass has been used in India since the third century BC. Where the ancient craftsmen made sculptures of Hindu gods and goddesses using a naturally healing five-metal alloy called panchdhatu. Considered to be the most sophisticated, Brass cutlery is still preferred among affluent Indian households. Our immigrating artists operate in Moradabad, the largest copper making region of India, rightfully known as the Peetal Nagri (Brass City). Where they use advanced technologies like electroplating, lacquering and powder coating to create contemporary metalware adorned with time-tested designs --- an absolute treat for the modern-vintage soul.
Made in: Uttar Pradesh
Material: Stainless Steel with Brass finish
Dimensions (cm): Length: 30.8, Height: 2, Breadth: 9
No. of pieces in a set: 2, Set of a Cake Knife And Server
- This metalware is created using brass, an alloy of zinc and copper, clay, resign, borax and sand.
- The process of creating our metalware is complex, where each production cycle involves melting, casting, joining, scraping, engraving and polishing, and can take between four to six weeks.
- Our artisans first cast and mould the clay from a mixture of sand, resin and oil, mixed in the perfect proportions.
- Then they add borax to this mix to prevent the metal from sticking.
- This alloy is then melted and solidified, and individual parts are also soldered together.
- After this, the surface of each piece is smoothened with sandpaper and rubbed with copper sulphate to give it the perfect finish.
- The Lila collection uses brass that is fused with stainless steel, to create products that have a metallic matte finish that closely resembles gold.
- Soak a soft sponge in tepid water, apply mild detergent and gently rub your vessel clean.
- Then wipe your metalware dry with a clean cloth, this helps to retain its natural finish.
- Use a dishwasher to wash or rinse the vessel.
- Use a microwave to heat food in your vessel.