VANTANA ROSE GIFT SET
Studio Pottery - Breakfast Serving Set
For the effortless entertainer, a pairing of pastel ceramic bowls, to greet your guests and celebrations through a simple yet classic table setting.
Craft Type: Studio Pottery
Dating back to the Indus Valley Civilization, this art form is still extensively practiced in the Indian subcontinent, mainly to create large matkis (jars), kulhar cups and oil lamps. Mixing age-old beliefs with innovative techniques, our potters draw inspiration from Vandana Shiva -- the perfect union of the feminine and masculine energy -- to create vessels specifically designed to nestle comfortably into one another. Moreover, our ceramic collection is characterized by dipping only half of the piece into a coloured glaze, symbolizing the craving to find what completes you.
Made in: Rajasthan
Material: Studio Pottery
Dimensions (cm): Length: 18, Height: 13, Breadth: 18
No. of pieces in a set: 4, Two Bowls & Two Quarter Plates
Different kinds of clay are available for this type of pottery, but our studio potters from Auroville and Shantiniketan use ball clay since it is found in abundance around them and can be treated very easily. This clay is carefully prepared by our potters using exact proportions.
It is first kneaded to perfection and then mounted on the potter's wheel where our craftsmen give it a shape using traditional hand-building techniques. Once the shape is ready it's fired in a bisque powered by local fuel. After the shape solidifies, it's glazed to give it a natural sheen and then the piece is left to dry under the sun for 2-3 days. On drying, this piece is glazed by dipping, trailing or brushing on a thin slurry composition of the glaze and water and then it's fired in a bisque.
Please note that the process of glazing renders porous pottery vessels impermeable to water and other liquids, thereby increasing their shelf life.
- Soak a soft sponge in tepid water, apply mild detergent and gently rub your vessel clean.
- Then wipe your stoneware dry with a clean cloth, this helps to retain its natural finish.
- Make sure to wash each vessel separately by hand.
- Use only a soft cloth or tissue to clean your vessel dry.
- Make sure to put a cushion of tissue/cloth between each product while stacking.
- You can safely use these products to serve food and beverages.
- These vessels are microwave safe, so you can heat conveniently yet eat traditionally.
- Stack these fragile vessels against each other while washing.
- Stack these fragile vessels against each other while storing.
- Use a dishwasher to wash or rinse the products.
- Use items with a gold inlay in a microwave.