REID TRAYS (SET OF 2)
Papier Mache Tray Set
Contrasted in bold hues of red & white, this Papier-mache vessel is sure to delight.
Craft Type: Papier Mache
Papier Mache originated in China, eventually spreading to Japan and Persia. In the 15th century, Persian scholar Shah-e-Hamadan brought 700 artisans from Persia to Kashmir. Today, it is majorly practiced by the shia community; made in homes, and workshops, in Srinagar, and other parts of the Kashmir Valley. It primarily consists of paper pulp, and is a richly decorated, colourful artifact, made generally in the form of decorative objects.
Made in: Kashmir
Material: Papier Mache
Dimensions (cm): Height: 1.5, Diameter: 20
No. of pieces in a set: 2, Two Trays
- Paper pulp is created through soaking or boiling the paper. To this, the adhesive is added.
- One makes use of Paper strips glued together with an adhesive on a form for which support is needed on which To glue the Paper strips, reinforcements with wire, lightweight shapes, balloons, or textiles may be needed.
- Traditional adhesive use a mixture of water and flour or other starch, mixed To the consistency of heavy cream
Usage guide: Use for decorative purpose
- Use only dry cloth to remove dust
- Use to store lightweight and dry items
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Use wet cloth or chemicals to remove dust
- Use it in microwave
Disclaimer: Keep away from all liquids as it’s made from paper. This intricate product is handcrafted and may have slight imperfections and/or mismatch from the product shown in the image as it’s handcrafted by the artisan which makes the product unique.
Keep away from water.