INURA SNACK BOWL
Longpi Dry Snack Bowl
When fingers touch while picking delights from the offspring of clay, quiet anticipation lingers in the air.
Craft Type: Longpi
Distinguished by its surreal black glow and rustic matte finish, this Manipuri pottery carries great historical significance. Longpi vessels were exclusively used in royal rituals, religious ceremonies and meaningful gatherings. In mythology, the earthen pot is said to resemble a womb, carrying healing medicinal properties. Crafted by hand-patting clay, our unglazed pieces acquire their natural sheen from an age-old low-firing process. Moreover, Longpi chips on ageing, creating unique patterns on each artefact - the perfect homage to the beautiful imperfections of the handmade.
Made in: Delhi
Material: Serpentine Stone
Dimensions (cm): Length: 19, Height: 7.3, Breadth: 19, Dia: 19
No. of pieces in a set: 1, One Bowl
- Our craftsmen decide a clay ratio as per the size of the piece and knead a clay dough.
- This clay dough is then left to age for a few days.
After that, the dough is shaped by hand or in a mould and left to dry under the shade, until it takes on a greenish hue.
- On drying, the shape is burnished to get the perfect finish.
- At this stage, some designs require our craftsmen to make holes for cane accents.
- Now each piece is dried under a shade and sun-dried further to properly dehydrate the clay.
- Post that, the pieces are bisque fired at a temperature of 700 to 900 degree Celsius.
- Finally, some leaves are rubbed onto our scalding artefacts to cool them until ready.
- Clean your plates immediately after you use them.
- Soak a soft sponge in tepid water, apply mild detergent and gently rub your plates clean.
- Give your plates enough time to dry, this helps to retain their natural finish.
- Make sure to put a cushion of tissue/cloth between each product while stacking.
- Stack the dishes in the sink to wash them all at once.
- Use a harsh stainless steel/metal scrubber to clean.
- Put your products in a dishwasher to rinse or clean.
- Use a microwave for pieces with cane accents.