The essence of the earth filled with liquid platinum, a wish come true for the parched body and its searching spirit.
Craft Type: Terracotta
Our fine terracotta is handcrafted in the heart of Maharashtra by gifted craftsmen, descending from a lineage of traditional kalakars. This art form harks back to the traditional uses of terracotta vessels such as to store water, to keep it cool on a hot summer's day or drinking warm chai in a kulhad (cup) molded in clay. Using ancestral knowledge, our craftsmen channel the creative energy of the elements of nature, to create pieces that cut through the fabric of time and civilization.
Made in: Maharashtra
Dimensions (cm): Length: 9.6, Height: 28.5, Breadth: 9.6, Dia: 9.6
No. of pieces in a set: 1, One Bottle with Lid
- The clay is first refined to remove the dust particles and other impurities.
- Then it's mounted at the centre of the potter's wheel for our craftsman to shape it.
- Once the shape is ready, it is dried under the sun for 2-3 days.
- It is then fired in a traditional bhatti, an open furnace, powered by local fuel such as dry coconut leaves or small wooden pieces.
- Once ready, this extensively treated piece is given a beautiful transparent glaze to give it a refined finishing.
- Clean your vessels immediately after you use them.
- Soak a soft sponge in tepid water, apply mild detergent and gently rub your vessel clean.
- Give your vessels enough time to dry, this helps to retain their natural finish.
- Be careful while using, since all tableware is susceptible to abrasion from repeated handling.
- Make sure to put a cushion of tissue/cloth between each product while stacking.
- These vessels are microwave safe, so you can heat conveniently yet eat traditionally.
- Stack the vessels in the sink to wash them all at once.
- Use a harsh stainless steel/metal scrubber to clean.
- Put your vessels in a dishwasher to rinse or clean.
- Store food in the vessel overnight or for a long time.